ayalana.de Foren-Übersicht ayalana.de
Secret of Solitude

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

Terrell McClain Jersey

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    ayalana.de Foren-Übersicht -> Allgemeines
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
huangjian123

BeitragVerfasst am: 27.12.2018, 02:50    Titel: Terrell McClain Jersey Antworten mit Zitat

Falcons vs. Saints: How (and can) Atlanta stop Alvin Kamara? Alvin Kamara is a great running back. I think we can acknowledge that and still loathe him for his association with the Saints http://www.falconsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-vic-beasley-jersey , and so we shall. The question this week is how the Falcons plan to stop him, and whether that plan will be successful.The good news is that Kamara has scuffled a bit in back-to-back weeks on the ground, with 21 carries for just 75 yards, though he’s scored twice. The bad news is that he’s doing his usual fine work through the air, with 15 receptions for 165 yards already. Were this the same crew on defense as a year ago, I’d be pretty confident. The Falcons knocked Kamara out of the first meeting in 2017—I’m not endorsing that, just saying—which meant his numbers were quite low. The second time around, Kamara managed just 2.7 yards per carry and 32 yards on the ground, though he did get seven receptions for 58 yards. That was when Deion Jones and Keanu Neal were roaming the field, however, and much has changed since then.How should the Falcons stop Kamara?They need to focus on him. Obviously Michael Thomas and the other Saints receiving options are plenty capable, but this secondary remains very good, and a year ago the team managed to not let Thomas kill them, even if he was quite good. Kamara needs to be priority ,1# and whenever possible Calvin Ridley Jersey , he needs to have someone dedicated to keeping an eye on him.In an ideal world, that’d be Deion Jones, but Jones isn’t in this game. That means it’s probably going to fall to Duke Riley and whoever else Marquand Manuel and Dan Quinn feel can handle such an onerous task, and the Falcons would be wise to switch things up if they’re burned early. As good as Drew Brees is and as good as this New Orleans offense can be, Kamara is still the biggest single threat in this game. If they get away from paying extra attention to him, he’ll likely make them pay. Will the Falcons be able to stop Kamara? This is a much trickier question to answer. Based on last week’s performance, if Riley has coverage responsibilities for Kamara it’s going to get hairy. Riley was game but made the wrong decision too many times against the Panthers and wound up either out of plays or making miscues that turned into big plays. The Falcons are asking an awful lot of him at the moment, but they don’t really have an obvious alternative unless they’re ready to move on to Foye Oluokun already. Riley will still probably get first crack at Kamara, but chances are good he’s going to wind up surrendering some significant yardage unless he’s made a drastic leap in a single week. The Falcons could then try putting Damontae Kazee or Foye Oluokun on him, or they could really go for it and put him up against one of the team’s cornerbacks who are equipped to deal with him. That’ll likely only become an option if he’s killing the Falcons, though, which unfortunately does seem like a legitimate possibility.I think ultimately the Falcons will find a way to keep Kamara from being the primary reason they lose this game. I also think he’s going to have a strong effort overall, and this week might determine whether Duke Riley stays in Deion Jones’ job going forward or not. The SEC-SoCon Challenge — or the week prior to Thanksgiving, in which most of the SEC treats itself to a helping of easily beatable non-conference opponents who may or may not actually be in the SoCon — is a newer innovation. Until about a decade ago, the SEC’s mid-November was defined by rivalries like LSU-Ole Miss Authentic Terrell McClain Jersey , Tennessee-Vanderbilt, and even the Iron Bowl itself.Eventually, the SEC discovered its teams could essentially gift themselves extra bye weeks during a crucial spot in the calendar. As long as they picked the right cupcakes, at least, they could get some breezy reps in and stay healthy right before the biggest games, with smaller schools getting crucial revenue.Doctors in other conferences hate this one weird trick! (Even though most conferences do similar things internally before Rivalry Week anyway.)Every November, Ohio State fans look up from their team running a layup line on a 1-9 Illinois or whatever to complain about Alabama getting to play a bad team in November. I assure you, Charleston Southern — which plays every SEC team at once every year (it’s true) — is as good as the Kansas, Rutgers, Oregon State, or Maryland your team is playing during the SEC-SoCon Challenge. If you force the SEC to add a ninth conference game, it’ll just grant membership to Wofford and UT Chattanooga.But still, yes, I get it, yes. It’s silly and weird and not courageous of the SEC to do this in November. Yes. I know. Sure.We’ve now got roughly a decade of SEC-SoCon Challenge history to reflect upon. Bama was one of the first teams to deploy this maneuver Youth Takkarist McKinley Jersey , way back in 2007. Boy, did it work great right off the bat. We’ll get to that game.7. Alabama 63, Georgia State 7 in 2010Important point: Georgia State has never been in the Southern Conference. However, all mid-November games involving an SEC team and a wildly overmatched non-power are spiritually included in the SEC-SoCon Challenge. Thank you.Noteworthy only for the image of a program in its first year of existence, nine weeks after losing to a since-defunct NAIA team, scoring a touchdown in Bryant-Denny Stadium.The part I wish the broadcast (which for some reason had Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit, and Desmond Howard???) had captured: GSU’s post TD victory lap by like the entire roster up and down the sideline.6. Alabama 45, Georgia Southern 21 in 2011Nick Saban said this:And Georgia Southern made shirts about it.5. Kentucky 42, ULM 40 in 2006FORESHADOWING!4. Georgia 23, Georgia Southern 17 (OT) in 2015Well hey there, Dawgs! You clicked on this post, all excited to see a certain Georgia Southern game, and now you’re being reminded of this other one. I know this doesn’t exactly ruin anything here for you, but I just wanted to say hello.3. The Citadel 23 http://www.falconsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-brandon-fusco-jersey , South Carolina 22 in 2015You know how Midwestern teams are terrible at not scheduling North Dakota State? The SEC is terrible at not scheduling FCS triple option teams. Speaking of:2. Georgia Southern 26, Florida 20 in 2013Please never forget THE EAGLES COMPLETED ZERO PASSES ALL DAY.1. ULM 21, Alabama 14 in 2007One of the greatest upsets in the upset-bloated 2007 season and by far the most delightful loss ever suffered by a Saban team, this was also arguably the first game of the SEC-SoCon Challenge era. The year prior, the Iron Bowl had been in this weekend. But around this time, the SEC decided to move its biggest rivalries to Thanksgiving week, helping fortify the last weekend in November as the national Hate Week. In 2007, Auburn played Tennessee Tech in November, but the Tigers used to play cupcakes before Georgia, not right before Alabama. The Tigers wouldn’t move their November cupcake week to before Thanksgiving until 2011, around which time many other SEC teams began doing the same. So it’d be reasonable to credit Bama both with putting the SEC-SoCon Challenge in its current spot and with getting the whole thing off to a deeply enjoyable start.And again: ULM was not in the SoCon, except for one special day.
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    ayalana.de Foren-Übersicht -> Allgemeines Alle Zeiten sind GMT
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.