ayalana.de Foren-Übersicht ayalana.de
Secret of Solitude

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

nd as Maldonado hit a two-run hom

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    ayalana.de Foren-Übersicht -> Kreativitätsecke
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
lebaobei123

BeitragVerfasst am: 25.09.2018, 01:15    Titel: nd as Maldonado hit a two-run hom Antworten mit Zitat

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hi Kerry, I have a question on a New Years Eve game between the Oilers and Coyotes. With 43.3 seconds left in the third period, Edmonton goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov caught a puck that was dumped in from outside the zone, skated out a few feet and dropped the puck to keep the play alive, then had second thoughts and dropped to cover the puck well outside his goal crease. There was no penalty called on the play. My question is...why not? I thought the goalie could only cover the puck outside his crease if he had come out to make a save. Isnt it a delay of game penalty otherwise? The Coyotes won the game in overtime, so in the end it didnt matter, but this seems too obvious a thing for the officials to just miss, so Im hoping you can straighten out my understanding of the rule. Thanks.Kevin FisherTucson, AZ Kevin: There is considerable "black and white" reference within the rules to support calling a delay of game penalty on Ilya Brygalov with 43.4 seconds remaining with the score tied once the goalkeeper froze the puck outside of crease to gain a stoppage in play. As we examine the entire circumstance surrounding the play I hope you will come to the logical conclusion that the referee exercised sound judgment and common sense in not penalizing Bryz once he (the ref) allowed the play to continue. As a result of this allowance, there came a point where Ilya Bryzgalov had no other safe option than to cover the puck. The most obvious rule references calling for the assessment of a penalty are contained in 63.2 and 67.3: - A minor penalty shall be imposed on any player, including the goalkeeper, who holds, freezes or plays the puck with his stick, skates or body in such a manner as to deliberately cause a stoppage of play. With regard to a goalkeeper, this rule applies outside of his goal crease area. - If a goalkeeper comes out of his crease to "cut down the angle" on a shot and after making the save covers the puck, this shall be legal. If the goalkeeper races out of his crease in an attempt to beat the attacking player to the puck and instead of playing the puck jumps on the puck causing a stoppage of play, this shall be a minor penalty for delay of the game. - A goalkeeper who holds the puck with his hands for longer than three seconds shall be given a minor penalty unless he is actually being checked by an opponent. The object of this entire rule is to keep the puck in play continuously and any action taken by the goalkeeper which causes an unnecessary stoppage must be penalized without warning. While the language contained herein provides plenty of cannon fodder to call a penalty with regard to the end result, (puck frozen by Bryz outside his crease) we have to consider the play in its entirety to avoid an unjust determination and overreaction. Antoine Vermette back handed the puck at the net which Ilya Bryzgalov caught on the extreme left side of his goal crease. Vermette followed his shot and effectively checked the goalkeeper from that angle which provided an allowance for Bryz to freeze the puck under the rules. A decision was then made by Bryzgalov to keep the play going by laterally skating with the puck through and outside of his crease perhaps 5 to 8 feet; which the referee allowed! Once Bryzgalov dropped the puck from his catching glove to the ice, with full intent to keep the play moving, the goalkeeper was quickly checked by Lauri Korpikoski of the Coyottes and placed in harms way. Since Bryz was a minimal distance outside of his crease, coupled with the fact that the referee allowed the play to continue when he could have blown the play dead previously, good judgment was exercised by the referee not to assess a penalty for delay of the game. We (refs) encourage the goalies to keep the play moving and it would be terribly unjust if they were subsequently penalized when an attacker quickly sealed off any option for a safe movement of the puck. The optimum word here is quickly. Brygalovs primary intent was to keep the play moving by playing the puck and not to gain a stoppage in play. His legitimate freezing of the puck was necessitated by the quick fore-check by Lauri Korpikoski. Kevin, I just had a flashback to Greg Millen playing goal for the Hartford Whalers. Far too many times to count I saw Millen catch the puck within his goal crease and skate straight up the middle like a rocket navigating through player traffic while looking for safe ice to drop and play the puck! I always blew the whistle before he got too far into his sprint but certainly when he was well outside of his goal crease. On more than one occasion I told Greg he was going to get steam rolled with a body check before I could get the whistle to my mouth. Each time Millen attempted to keep the play moving in this fashion he returned to his goal crease with a big grin evident beneath his wire cage mask. We know goalies have a much different approach to the Universe and other matters! Common sense and good judgment must prevail. The referee exercised both qualities by not penalizing Ilya Bryzgalov in the game on New Years Eve Day. Yerry Mina Jersey . So they rushed to re-sign the first baseman who general manager Ben Cherington described Friday as "a unique player." The World Series champions finalized a $32 million, two-year agreement Thursday with the slugging former catcher who turned into a surprisingly good defender. Lucas Digne Jersey . However, it wasnt a problem on Monday night. Evgeni Nabokov made 23 saves for his 56th career shutout in the New York Islanders 3-0 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Monday night. http://www.fcbarcelonapro.com/Kids-Philippe-Coutinho-Jersey/. Louis Cardinals are one of Major League Baseballs model franchises. Jordi Alba Jersey . Still, Inter moved one point ahead of Parma in the race for fifth place and the final Europa League spot. Udinese remained 14th, 11 points above the relegation zone. Inter was beaten 2-1 by Atalanta at home on Sunday and has won only seven of 16 matches at the San Siro this season, as the squad seems to still be searching for its identity under new owner Erick Thohir and first-year manager Walter Mazzarri. Marc-Andre Ter Stegen Jersey . - The Seattle Seahawks have signed nine players to 2014 future contracts, including quarterback B.MILWAUKEE -- After struggling to score runs in the last four games, Carlos Gomez knew his team needed a spark. The Milwaukee Brewers outfielder provided one. Immediately. Gomez hit the first pitch he saw from Mike Bolsinger leading off the bottom of the first inning for his eighth home run of the season to propel the Brewers to an 8-3 win over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Monday night. "I really wanted to get something going tonight," said Gomez, who also had a two-run single and walked three times. "I knew he likes to throw the ball close to the zone on his first pitch, so I was ready for it." Gomez was just 3-for-16 in the Brewers four-game series against the Cincinnati Reds over the weekend, while Milwaukee lost three of the games. He said he thought about making sure he was swinging at good pitches while coming to Miller Park on Monday. "I continued that through batting practice and right into the game," Gomez said. Martin Maldonado and Jean Segura also homered for Milwaukee, which had lost four of its last five entering the game. The Brewers still have the best record in baseball at 22-11. Milwaukee remained the only team in baseball to not lose when scoring at least four runs, improving to 18-0 in those games. Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said he was pleased to see his teams offence come to life. The Brewers had been struggling offensively, scoring only 10 runs in the Reds series. "Weve been talking about somewhere in there getting, six, seven, eight runs and we did," Roenicke said. "It sets up a lot of things when you get people on base. The guys did a great job." Matt Garza (2-3) allowed three runs and eight hits in six innings for Milwaukee. It was only the third time in seven starts this season that Garza has not given up at least four runs. Garza said it was satisfying to win the game, despite struggling through the first few innings. "I really wanted to attack tonight and not shy away from contact," he said. "My teammates really backed me up tonight until I got it ttogether.dddddddddddd." Bolsinger (1-2) took the loss after giving up four runs and seven hits in five innings. "We didnt execute pitches from the first pitch of the game," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. "We walked seven on the night and we needed to make pitches and we couldnt make them. We couldnt keep the ball down." Arizona grabbed a 1-0 lead in the first inning when Gerardo Parra led off the game with a single and moved to second on a walk to Miguel Montero. With two outs, Aaron Hill lined a hit to right that Brewers outfielder Caleb Gindl dived for, but could not hang on to as Parra scored. Gomez tied the score in the bottom of the inning with homer. The Brewers grabbed a 3-1 lead in the second as Maldonado hit a two-run homer. Arizona tied it at 3 in the third inning on RBI singles by Montero and Hill, who had four singles in the game. The Diamondbacks loaded the bases with one out, but Garza struck out Alfredo Marte and Ender Inciarte to get out of the inning. Khris Davis sacrifice fly in the fifth inning scored Scooter Gennett, who had doubled, to give Milwaukee a 4-3 lead. Gomezs bloop single in the sixth scored two runs. Segura then followed with a long home run to left field, his second of the season, to boost the lead to 8-3. The Brewers won a challenge in the fourth when Bolsinger was called safe at first after Segura bobbled his grounder. However, the call was overturned after replays showed he was out. NOTES: Diamondbacks SS Chris Owings was voted the National League Rookie of the Month for April. Owings paced N.L. rookies in hitting through the first month of the season, posting a .313 average. He also led rookies with five doubles, six extra-base hits and 26 hits in 28 games. ... Arizona OF A.J. Pollack didnt start for the fifth straight game due to a groin injury. He pinch hit in the sixth inning and grounded out. ... RHP Marco Estrada (2-1) will start in the second game of the series for Milwaukee against Josh Collmenter (1-2) for Arizona. Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Bruins Jerseys Cheap Sabres Jerseys Cheap Flames Jerseys Cheap Hurricanes Jerseys Cheap Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Blue Jackets Jerseys Cheap Stars Jerseys Cheap Red Wings Jerseys Cheap Oilers Jerseys Cheap Florida Panthers Jerseys Cheap Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Cheap Wild Jerseys ' ' '
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    ayalana.de Foren-Übersicht -> Kreativitätsecke Alle Zeiten sind GMT
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.